Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Drafting Technologists and Technicians (2253)
NOC Job Title: Design Technician, Drafting
Expires in 7 days
Last Updated: 2020-02-06
Job Number: 608870
Port Alberni, British Columbia
V9Y 8E9, Canada
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR: Design Technician/Specialist (NOC 2253)
This position is responsible for the design of innovative aerospace structural / mechanical installations, modifications and repairs. The Design Technician/Specialist also provides support for existing designs / products and possesses an abundance of experience using CATIA V5.
This is a full-time permanent position based at our operations located at 4890 Cherry Creek Road, Port Alberni, B.C. V9Y 8E9. The language of work is English.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs cutting edge aerospace structural/mechanical installations, modifications, and repairs using CATIA V5.
- Provides ongoing support of existing designs / products as well as new designs / products.
- Prepares drawing packages for design approval and certification per appropriate aerospace regulations and / or military standards.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Minimum seven (7) years of work experience in aerospace or automotive design & manufacturing including a minimum of seven (7) years of CATIA V5 experience.
- Candidates with design technologist credentials (Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology with registration as a Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.)) combined with minimum five (5) years CATIA V5 experience in aerospace or automotive design & manufacturing may also apply.
- Previous Transport Canada or other regulatory approval authority delegation would be an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of aerospace (or automotive) materials and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret blueprints.
- Strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Thorough knowledge of PCs in the current company operating system environment (Microsoft Office, Windows 10 / XP, etc.).
(Please see attached description for full details of position)
How to Apply