VP, Global PR and Communications
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Senior Managers - Financial, Communications and Other Business Services (0013)
NOC Job Title: Vice-President - Financial, Communications And Other Business Services
Expires in 69 days
Last Updated: 2020-02-12
Job Number: 609724
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7, Canada
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About This Team
The Global PR and Communications team at lululemon is responsible for creating, developing and executing on all internal and external communications strategies for the company. This includes raising the visibility of lululemon globally through strategic public relations efforts, developing communication strategies to drive engagement for our internal employees, and leading dynamic communication strategies externally for our guests and key stakeholders. The team is responsible for creating global initiatives within lululemon, building brand resonance through strategic based communication strategies, and enhancing the company’s reputation among stakeholders.
A Day In the Life
· Lead the PR & communications vision, planning and strategy for overseeing Global and Regional Public Relations, Corporate Communications and Internal Communications
· Serve as communications counsel to executive management and brand teams
· Serve as communications lead on issue and crisis management, including development of strategic plans
· Build strategic communication plans for brand, product and community initiatives including growth initiatives, product launches, sustainability and social impact, media summits and brand experiences
· Develop and deliver executive communications strategies for the company’s CEO and Senior Leadership Team
· Lead the strategy for the organization’s internal communications and employee engagement
· Support the global public relations function in international markets, including Asia Pacific and Europe
· Co-create plans and strategies with leaders from across the company, notably within brand, people & culture, legal, and investor relations, to deliver on the company’s priorities and growth ambitions
· Develop and lead a team of about 15, plus agency partners
•bachelor’s degree in communications or related discipline required. MBA or master’s level post graduate study preferred.
•15-20+ experience in Public Relations with a luxury/premium brand.
•Product, Apparel and Retail experience required.
•10-15+ years of success in a senior leadership position, ability to present at all levels and a natural ability to lead, large diverse teams across matrix global organization.
•Excellent people development skills, with strong experience successfully developing managers and directors.
•Willingness to participate and grow in a cutting edge entrepreneurial atmosphere, with the stability and resources of a large organization
•Outstanding writing, presentation and verbal communications skills.
• Proven skills as on-the-record spokesperson, managing high-pressure situations
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.
How to Apply