Salary: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Interior Designers (5242)
NOC Job Title: Retail Space Planner
Expires in 70 days
Last Updated: 2020-02-14
Job Number: 610151
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7, Canada
Reporting to the Senior Store Designer, the Store Designer is responsible for preparation and coordination of all store design and space planning requirements, applying lululemon store branding guidelines to the functionality of location.
Key responsibilities include partnering with store development team and other cross-functional stakeholders, presenting concepts and merchandise layout designs, interpreting site surveys, landlord and local authority packages, selecting and detailing materials fit for purpose, leading all design project milestones and drawing packages to facilitate coordination with the assigned construction team, consultants and vendors.
Other key responsibilities and duties include:
· To produce in-house test fit layouts in conjunction with identified product strategy, in partnership with key cross-functional stakeholders
· To present storefront design concepts, store layouts and store concepts to supervisor/design committee for approval
· To lead all documentation for architectural development including but not limited to:
o Merchandise and fixture layouts
o Reflected ceiling plans
o Finish plans indicating all materials
o Electrical, mechanical, security, fire safety / building code layouts
o Elevations and store front details
o Millwork sections and details including cash desk, fitting rooms, display fixtures, storage, key design features & storefronts
· Manage architects on drawing completion dates, permitting and handing over project to construction after CD’s are complete for purchasing/bid process to start
· Plan check all drawing sets to ensure design intent is followed by assigned architects, consultants and vendors
· Coordinate with architects and review permit and construction sets
· Accountable for the accuracy, buildability, quality and timeliness of all drawings and documentation related to the design and construction for stores
· Continues to utilise new innovative materials in sustainability and “green” building
The finer print:
- Degree in Interior Design or Architecture, or equivalent required
- 3 years’ experience in global retail store design required
- Ability to produce a commercially productive, brand-enhancing retail merchandise and fixture layout required
- 3 years working experience creating, understanding and translating three dimensional space concepts into conceptual drawings required
- 1 year working experience with at least one of the following AutoCAD, 3D, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Sketch Up, MS Office, Excel required
- Retail merchandising experience an asset
- Strong and uncompromising ability to drive work to ensure deadlines are met
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, and dependable
- Open to teach and learn
- Excellent team player and capability to work independently
- Excellent ability to create, understand and translate three dimensional space concepts into conceptual drawings.
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills for various management types and levels.
- Knowledge of current building codes, ADA requirements.
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Some travel will be required
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.
How to Apply