Quality Control Technologist
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Chemical Technologists and Technicians (2211)
NOC Job Title: Quality Control Technologist, Chemical Products
Expires in 40 days
Last Updated: 2020-03-17
Job Number: 614822
4715 Paradise Valley
Peachland, British Columbia
V0H 1X3, Canada
This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Employer Name: Benchmark Botanics Inc.
Industry Title: Greenhouse, Nursery, and Floriculture Production (1114)
Employer: Potanicals Green Growers Inc.
Potanicals Green Growers Inc. located in Richmond, BC is looking for the suitable individual for Quality Control Technologist position for its Peachland, BC location. The details are as follows:
Job title: Quality Control Technologist
Number of Positions: 1
Work Location: Peachland, BC
Work Hours: 40 hours per week
Wages: 25 CAD per hour
Duration of Job: Full time, Permanent
- Compliance with Health Canada guidelines regarding business, production, security, packaging under the standard of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as well as the Cannabis Act program.
- Ability to develop, update and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), production records and Quality Manuals.
- Set up and conduct chemical experiments, tests and analyses using techniques such as chromatography, spectroscopy, physical and chemical separation techniques and microscopy
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment and apparatus and prepare solutions of Cannabis products
- Develop and conduct programs of sampling and analysis to maintain quality standards of raw materials, chemical intermediates and products
- Conduct quality testing and assessments, environmental monitoring and protection activities, and development of and compliance with standards
- Compile records and interpret experimental or analytical results
- Oversee critical/technical review of documents, test results, procedures and production equipment, including equipment qualification and validation.
- Ensure compliance with regulations through auditing and quality systems.
- Other duties assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a relevant field of science or engineering, such as: Chemical, Biochemical, Biology, Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Laboratory Sciences or a related field from an accredited university are required
- Master of degree in the above related field will be an asset.
- At least two years of experience in a similar role in laboratory as Quality Controller and/ or Quality Assurance officer.
- Systems and process thinker who understands the importance of auditing as continuous improvement and how it fits within the Quality Management System and Risk Management.
- Capable in Statistical analysis and scientific writing
- Must have an eye for detail, if possible, also some firsthand experience with Lab practice, quality control or quality assurance.
- Strong computer skills (MS word/Excel/PowerPoint/ Visio).
Position available and open to the Students, Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Apprentices
How to Apply