Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Industrial and Manufacturing Engineers (2141)
NOC Job Title: Methods Engineer
Expires in 22 days
Last Updated: 2020-03-25
Job Number: 615667
1337 Townline Road
Abbotsford, British Columbia
V2T 6E1, Canada
Cascade is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Methods Engineer who can apply production knowledge, engineering principles and project management practices to the development of new Cascade Aerospace products.
Strive to consistently act in a manner in which reflects Cascade Aerospace’s culture and values
Provide manufacturing/production-related support for all Cascade Aerospace projects, in accordance with the Design Approval Procedures Manual (DAPM) and Departmental Procedures Manual (DPM).
- Provide project status reports to management on a regular basis.
- Assist the design team in supporting the design effort of aeronautical products. Ensure part production, tolerances, and best manufacturing practices are considered. Assist in selecting materials and processes with the goal of minimizing production cost while meeting design and certification requirements.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment/tooling and plant layout.
- Assist supply chain Management by providing technical support and liaison to suppliers.
Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labour, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Comply with Transport Canada regulations.
Evaluate and suggest recommendations on the manufacturing and quality control processes, types of manufacturing methods to be adopted, list of processes to be followed, tooling and fixturing methodologies.
- Estimate production cost, time involved, existing production resources, human resources and provide recommendations to the organization. Estimate upcoming manufacturing requirements and help the management to make informed decisions.
- Participate in the design and development of production tooling, production plans.
- Establish cost effective production solutions utilizing best practices and current technologies available.
- Develop new manufacturing processes and technologies from inception to certification.
Liaise with Design Engineering Staff to check and provide input on detail, assist and installation of drawings.
- Degree, Diploma or equivalent experience in Aerospace Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering
- 5 years experience as a project engineer, project planner or supervisor in aerospace environment
- 3 years experience with supply chain management and production
How to Apply