Junior Structural EIT
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Civil Engineers (2131)
NOC Job Title: Structural Engineer, Civil
Expires in 31 days
Last Updated: 2020-08-12
Job Number: 631912
1211 Ryan Road
Courtenay, British Columbia
V9N 3R6, Canada
We currently have an opening for a Structural Engineer-in-Training to join our Courtenay, BC office. This role will focus on providing structural design and construction support for building projects, with a focus on residential structures. This is an amazing opportunity for a motivated graduate who is a self-starter looking to split their time between the office and the field.
- Provide design support for structural projects, focused primarily on residential buildings, but also including some industrial and municipal structures.
- Communicate and work in an integrated team environment to ensure project schedules, budgets, and quality control standards are achieved and maintained
- Provide construction supervision and/or administrative duties for structural engineering projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with a focus or interest in structural engineering.
- Registration as an Engineer-In-Training (EIT) in good standing in BC, or eligibility for registration
- Previous construction or labour experience is an asset
- Must possess a valid Class 5 BC drivers license and a vehicle.
- Excellent communication skills—written and verbal
- Strong sense of initiative and the ability to effectively work as part of a team
See our response to COVID 19: https://www.mcelhanney.com/2020/04/28/update-from-ceo/
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,100 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.
Our Purpose: Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply