Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: 2021-06-01
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 5
NOC Group: Silviculture and Forestry Workers (8422)
NOC Job Title: Forest Firefighter
Expires in 19 days
Last Updated: 2020-10-16
Job Number: 639960
- Be available for work as part of our Type III Fire Crews for the 2021 fire season.
- Fill a forestry labourer position on multiple related projects such as Wildfire Risk Reduction Treatments and prescribed burns.
- Work location can vary. Candidate needs to be available to work out of town for several-weeks periods and able to leave for work for up to 14 consecutive days (up to 12 hours/day) on a short notice, when the Fire Center requires Fire Crews.
Wage and benefits: $17 - $23 (Salary can be discussed depending on experience).
- Continuous Training provided by the company after six months of full-time employment.
- Renegotiation of benefits every year.
- Completed S-100 Basic Fire Suppression and Safety (Annual re-currency: applicants must have a proof of valid S-100 A Refresher course for the year of 2020 if applicable)
- Completed S-185 Fire Entrapment Avoidance and Safety training
- Completed WHMIS training
- Experience an asset: We will prioritize Firefighters with Five (5) certifiable days (12 hours per day) actively involved in firefighting or beyond upon proof of such experience.
- Be able to work for a minimum of 8 hours and up to 12 hours of physical work.
- Be able to work for 14 consecutive days (up to 12 hours a day).
- Success the moderate fitness test for firefighters every spring: Walk for 3.2 km carrying a backpack filled with 25 pounds of weight under 30 minutes. *
*If you are an experienced firefighter, feel free to contact us or visit our website to find out about our Type II crew and other opportunities.
How to Apply