Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Supervisors, Recording, Distributing and Scheduling Occupations (1215)
NOC Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Expires in 2 days
Last Updated: 2020-10-20
Job Number: 641004
2278 192nd Street
Surrey, British Columbia
V3S 3X3, Canada
SUMMARY: As the Warehouse Supervisor, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling warehouse inventory and operations. In addition, you will ensure accurate and timely delivery and shipping of products to and from the warehouse. You will use your skills in analysis in review of inventory to determine and record any slow moving or obsolete products.
- Responsible for ensuring all health and safety requirements are met at all times for the warehouse.
- Perform all functions within the shipping department including but not limited to printing all paperwork, dispatching / billing orders, writing inventory adjustments, pulling orders, loading and unloading trucks, and driving the fork-lift.
- Maintain appropriate receiving, inventory, picking, loading, and delivery methods for the plant.
- Manage all operations pertaining to the warehouse, and shipping and receiving operations.
- Develop continuous improvement strategies to meet and continually improve the warehouse’s overall goals and objectives.
- Continually evaluate most cost-effective options for maintaining packaging sup plies.
- Communicate effectively with customer service personnel to meet 100% on time customer delivery expectations.
- Develop and accomplish on time shipment goals
- Communicate with management, co-workers, subordinates, and other business contacts in a timely and courteous professional manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of classified information.
- Train and motivate staff to ensure an effective and efficient team.
- Ensure all Warehouse personnel are sufficiently trained to perform job duties per work instructions, procedures, and policies
- Emphasize and supervise a very neat and clean workplace, including orderly storage of finished goods and packaging supplies throughout the warehouse.
- Maintain all Warehouse personnel records ensuring that all necessary documentation is performed regarding all warranted situations such as counseling, evaluations, training, accidents, and attendance
- Cross-train personnel in the Shipping department to ensure there is a backup for each position
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience operating a lift truck (license required)
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Able to effectively communicate with others
- Ability to handle shifting and multiple priorities
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to lead and influence staff
- Ability to lift 100 lbs with activities that typically require a variety of muscle movements
How to Apply