Senior Utility Locator
Salary: $67,500.00 - $83,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Land Survey Technologists and Technicians (2254)
NOC Job Title: Technician, Geomatics - Surveying
Expires in 34 days
Last Updated: 2020-10-28
Job Number: 642205
5279 still creek ave
Burnaby, British Columbia
V5C 5V1, Canada
We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic Utility Locate Technicians wanting to further their careers and grow with our passionate and forward-thinking team. We are the only locating provider in BC with Registered Utility Locator Technicians (RULT) and we take pride in our commitment to innovation and excellence.
Our technicians locate underground utilities on-site using geophysical equipment such as Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), interpret and mark results, collecting data to draft detailed reports such as Subsurface Utilities Engineering (SUE).
The ideal candidate will have an industry-related qualification and have several years of utility locating experience. Knowledge of GPR systems is an asset.
We have relocated people from the other parts of Canada and UK successfully in the past and can provide references. This is an excellent opportunity to start a new life in beautiful British Columbia.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive compensation, overtime wages for evening and weekend jobs
- Actively endorsed career progression
- Customizable benefits package
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Every other Friday off, paid sick days
- Company holidays: we go camping in the summer and skiing in the winter
- The opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies at the forefront of innovation
- Company-paid training
- Minimum 1 year of Utility Locating experience
- Experience interpreting or reading location maps, sketches, prints
- Strong computer skills; expertise in CAD software is considered an asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with Electromagnetic (EM) survey equipment, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) will be an asset
- Valid BC Driver’s License to use company vehicles as necessary
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Capable of improvising and troubleshooting in the field
- Able to manage time effectively and prioritize responsibilities
- Please be advised that this role is safety-sensitive and alcohol and drug testing will be required as a condition to employment
GeoScan Xradar is the largest and most experienced provider of Ground Penetrating (GPR) services in Western Canada and is a rapidly growing company based in the Vancouver/Burnaby area. Our main line of work involves Utility Locating, Shallow Geophysical Surveys and Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) Surveys. We are a COR certified company with strict safe work environment procedures.
Our greatest strength is our people, a team of remarkably talented, vibrant and encouraging individuals. As a growing business, we encourage new ideas and promote career development within the company.
If you believe in long term employment with a team-oriented company, then this is the job for you. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package, on the job training and growth opportunities.
GeoScan Xradar is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, family status, national origin, veteran or disability status
How to Apply