Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Legal Secretaries (1242)
NOC Job Title: Legal Secretary
Expires in 52 days
Last Updated: 2020-11-10
Job Number: 644082
267-8128 128 Street, BC
Surrey, British Columbia
V3W 1R1, Canada
Kaushal Law Corporation is a law firm that deals with real estate, civil and criminal matters located at 267-8128 128 Street, Surrey, BC V3W 1R1. We are currently looking for a qualified individual to fill the position of a Legal Assistant in our office. The details for this position are outlined below:
· Prepare correspondence and draft legal documents, such as memorandums, deeds, wills, affidavits, reports and briefs etc.
· Attend meetings and conferences to assist lawyer(s), take notes, minutes and dictation
· Review and ensure that proper office procedures are followed, and details are entered in records regarding all clients and matters
· Regularly communicate with clients by e-mail, phone and in person
· Prepare invoices, and collect payments
· Conduct legal research, interpret legal procedures and understand legal principles
· Review and proofread documents and correspondence to ensure compliance with legal procedures and grammatical usage
· Prepare binders for filing in litigation matters perform other related tasks
· Set up or organize meetings, examinations for discovery, and take notes
· Set up and maintain filing systems, utilizing knowledge of legal records and procedures and frequently controlling confidential materials and documents
· Open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments or organizations
· Correspond with the Consulate General of India, to prepare and execute the Wills, Power of Attorney, Life Certificate, Registration of Overseas Citizenship, and other services, and may need to communicate with legal professionals or authorities of India.
· Completion of secondary school
· Completion of a min two-year full-time program in legal studies (e.g. legal secretary, legal assistant etc.)
· Min 3 years of previous work experience in a legal field
· Language: English required (knowledge of Hindi and/or Punjabi would be an asset based on the firm’s clientele)
· Knowledge of execution of wills, documents and estate in India would be an asset.
Salary and Work Hours: $23.50 for 40 hrs/week
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Employer is committed to employment equity. This position is open to general public, as well as the following underrepresented groups: new immigrants, aboriginal people, vulnerable youths, people with disabilities and older workers.
Note that only those applicants who meet the job requirements stated (eligibility should be clearly reflected in a resume) will be considered for this position. While applying for this position, we request job seekers to state whether they are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or a citizen of any other country in their cover letter/resume.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply