Early Morning Preloader - Delta
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 20
NOC Group: Material Handlers (7452)
NOC Job Title: Loader-Unloader - Material Handling
Expires in 12 days
Last Updated: 2020-11-10
Job Number: 644083
790 Belgrave Way
Delta, British Columbia
V3M 5R9, Canada
UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions. At UPS we discover how to combine endless opportunities innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience that allows you the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
Currently looking for Part-time Preloaders to work at our Delta (Annacis Island) Facility.
Preloaders main responsibility is to load package cars and unload packages off trailers, air canisters and other vehicles in the early morning (3am to 9am)*. Other tasks may include the following:
- Lifting, lowering and moving packages weighing up to 70lbs.
- Scanning and sorting parcels base on postal codes, addresses, dimensions
- Understanding and recognizing postal codes, routing charts and map
- Working in a team environment to ensure efficiency in the workflow
- Practicing safety procedures duration of shift.
- Monday to Friday early morning availability
- Currently starting as early as 1 a.m. everyday
- Ability to follow set of safety standards
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and physically demanding warehouse environment
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Warehouse experience is considered an asset but not required.
- Effective starting rate of $17 per hour*
- Retention bonus up to $2000 in a year
- Comprehensive extended benefits (after 1 year)
- Tuition Reimbursement of up to $3000/per semester
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
Interested applicants are to submit their most recent copy of resume.
Please apply throuhg our company website: https://en.jobs-ups.ca/job/delta/early-morning-warehouse-delta/23951/16364600 and click Quick Apply to submit your application.
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UPS Canada Ltd. is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if you require workplace accommodation if needed.
How to Apply