Survey Party Chief
Salary: $55,000.00 - $65,500.00/Annually
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Land Survey Technologists and Technicians (2254)
NOC Job Title: Land Survey Technologist
Expires in 18 days
Last Updated: 2020-11-20
Job Number: 645507
5279 still creek ave
Burnaby, British Columbia
V5C 5V1, Canada
If you’re experienced in legal and topographic surveying and have supplemental AutoCAD drafting skills, this might be the job for you. We’re looking for someone to manage a field crew and perform field survey work for various industries.
We provide exceptional training and opportunities for advancement – 80% of our managers got promoted from Trainees. As the construction industry continues to grow, there will only be more opportunities available to talented professionals such as our Technicians.
What you will be working on
Day to day duties include performing surveys, record and analyze collected data, preparing detailed CAD technical drawings and professional reports.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive compensation, overtime wages for evening and weekend jobs
- Actively endorsed career progression
- Customizable benefits package
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Every other Friday off, paid sick days
- Company holidays: we go camping in the summer and skiing in the winter
- The opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies at the forefront of innovation
- Company-paid training
Skills crucial for success in this role
- Ability to think analytically and solve problems
- Excellent written oral communication skills, having the ability to listen and ask questions to clarify understanding as necessary
- Commitment to excellence, attention to detail, and time management
- Strong problem-solving skills in a field environment
- Minimum 2 years of field survey experience
- Completion of a recognized postsecondary program related to surveying and geomatics or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Experienced with survey equipment including Robotic Total Stations and RTK GPS
- Willing and able to work outside in the field in all weather conditions
- Strong computer skills; expertise in AutoCAD considered an asset
GeoScan Subsurface Surveys is the largest and most experienced provider of Ground Penetrating (GPR) services in Western Canada and is a rapidly growing company based in the Vancouver/Burnaby area. Our services include Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) Surveys, Utility Locating, Subsurface Utility Engineering and Shallow Geophysical Surveys. We are a COR certified company with strict safe work environment procedures.
Our greatest strength is our people, a team of remarkably talented, vibrant and encouraging individuals. As a growing business, we encourage new ideas and promote career development within the company.
GeoScan is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, family status, national origin, veteran or disability status.
How to Apply