Finishing Assembler / Millwright
Salary: $18.00 - $30.00/Hourly
Job Type: Full Time, Apprenticeship
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Mechanical Assemblers and Inspectors (9486)
NOC Job Title: Agricultural Equipment Assembler
Expires in 28 days
Last Updated: 2020-11-30
Job Number: 646693
#103 31413 Gill Ave
Mission, British Columbia
V4S 0C4, Canada
Industrial Mechanic (Millwright), Level: 1
NOTE: JBS Equipment manufactures and maintains equipment for agricultural industries. Our products and services are vital to farmers who produce the food we eat. Our business is considered an essential service and encouraged to maintain operations. Our priority is keeping our team safe and healthy throughout the COVID-19 crisis by embracing provincial guidelines like social distancing, limited gatherings, continuous sanitation of all common touch-points throughout our facilities and more.
JBS Equipment is a rapidly growing manufacturing company in Mission, BC. We are looking for Apprentice Millwrights / Trailer Mechanics / Assemblers to help us build world class manure spreaders, forage trailers, bedding throwers and other related agriculture and custom products.
If you want to be part of building modern, high performance, high quality products, we want to talk to you. We have multiple immediate openings available for both day shift(8 hour days, Monday to Friday) and afternoon shift(10 hour days Monday to Thursday, with shift differential). These are full time, permanent positions on site at JBS in Mission, BC.
Successful applicants will work on brand new equipment in the Assembly department, in a safe, modern, clean and well lit facility. Most of the work is installing hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic systems, along with general final assembly of gear boxes, components and other bolt on items. There are occasional repair or maintenance projects as required. This is NOT a boring assembly-line style position.
- Competitive wages and wage parity based on experience and ability.
- Safe, clean, modern and reliable working environment.
- Overtime available.
- Extended health care benefits available.
- Unlimited opportunity for development, growth and advancement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read, understand, and follow working drawings.
- Install new parts including tires, wheels, mud flaps, etc.
- Install and plumb air systems.
- Install and plumb hydraulic systems.
- Install electrical components (lights, etc).
- Occasional repairs and warranty work.
- Identify areas of improvement, production efficiency and cost reduction.
- Work safely and accurately while following a strict schedule.
- Punctuality and Reliability are essential.
- Must be located within commuting distance of Mission, BC.
- Must have reliable transportation to get to work in Mission, BC.
- Must be able to read and understand working drawings.
- Must be a self starter, able to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks under pressure.
- Must be highly organized and have good time management skills.
- Must be able to work occasional weekends / overtime as required by work load.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Must have a small rolling, lockable toolbox with basic hand tools (list provided in interview).
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb ladders.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 lbs with assistance.
- Ability to kneel, bend, squat, push, pull, and reach above and below waist.
How to Apply
Contact: Karen Walters
Fax: 1 604 826 5392