Lighting and Video Designer
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Theatre, Fashion, Exhibit and Other Creative Designers (5243)
NOC Job Title: Lighting Designer
Expires in 10 days
Last Updated: 2020-12-21
Job Number: 648832
8291 Alexandra Rd
Richmond, British Columbia
V6X 1C3, Canada
This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Employer Name: Zodiac karaoke & Pub Inc.
Industry Title: Other Amusement and Recreation Industries (7139)
Employer: Zodiac karaoke & Pub Inc.
Zodiac karaoke & Pub Inc. is looking for a Lighting and Video Designer to work on lighting shots from start to finish as they evolve from preliminary lighting through final renders.
Job title: Lighting and Video Designer
Number of Positions: 1
Work Location: Vancouver, BC
Work Hours: 30 hours per week
Wages: $26.50 CAD per hour.
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
- Create and manage all aspects of lighting and video for the events.
- Under the leadership of the Supervisor and/or Leads, the Lighting and Video Designer lights/video shots/sequences based on the rigs created by the Principal, Lead, or Supervisor.
- Work within the lighting/video rendering pipeline and capable of troubleshooting common rendering and technical issues.
- Interprets and implements notes and feedback from the Supervisor or Lead in a timely and quantitatively acceptable way.
- Collaborates with Surfacing Team in achieving the desired look and establishing the production design complexity and lighting behavioural consistency as it pertains to characters, props and environments.
- Collaborates with Effects Artists to test the efficacy of the special effects, modifying lighting as necessary.
- Delivers assignments per project’s schedule.
- Adheres to digital file management protocols.
- Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
- Co-ordinate special publicity events and promotions for internal and external audiences
- A university degree in fine arts, animation or visual arts with specialization in theatre design or exhibit design is required
- Strong understanding of principles of lighting and video production (such as choice of light, placement of the light source, its direction, video sequencing and how to create the desired effect such as contrast and shadows).
- 5+ years of work experience in a professional environment within their discipline.
- Video portfolio from previous work is required.
- Ability to apply knowledge of digital 3D animation, special effects and lighting. A demonstrated understanding of compositing principles and compositing software.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge in the areas of rendering, lighting, shading and compositing.
- Solid work ethic and a positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure. Self-motivated and pro-active. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions. Creatively solves problems, eliminates roadblocks, and focuses on issue at hand.
Position available and open to the Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors.
No phone calls please, kindly email your resume, and only selected candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply:
How to Apply