Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians (2232)
NOC Job Title: Automation Technologist
Expires in 4 days
Last Updated: 2021-01-07
Job Number: 651263
8320 River Road
Delta, British Columbia
V4G 1B5, Canada
Optimil Machinery is a name recognized around the world as a leader in primary and secondary log processing machinery, as well as providing log and board optimization systems for the progressive sawmill. Since its founding in 1984, Optimil's objective has been to help progressive sawmillers produce more lumber from their existing wood source.
We are looking for creative, dynamic, passionate, hard-working, goal-oriented, engaged talent to join our team in our plant in Delta and help us execute the big ideas.
- design and integrate complete automation systems including PLC (Allen Bradley Controllogix), HMI (Rockwell Software) and communication networks
- program, tune and commission motion cards and hydraulic systems
- set up and test VFD's
- design and modify electrical drawings, using AutoCAD electrical or similar
- test electrical panels
- commissioning on site
- Technologist or Engineering degree with a focus on electrical design for machinery
- 5+ years experience in a similar positions is required. Experience in sawmill industry will be an asset
- excellent communication skills; oral and written English.
Must have reliable transportation, as transit to this area is limited.
Please apply to email@example.com with salary expectations.
How to Apply