Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Computer Network Technicians (2281)
NOC Job Title: Computer Network Technician
Expires in 4 days
Last Updated: 2021-01-11
Job Number: 651654
8320 River Road
Delta, British Columbia
V4G 1B5, Canada
Optimil is a name recognized around the world as a leader in primary and secondary log processing machinery, as well as providing log and board optimization systems for the progressive sawmill. Since its founding in 1983, Optimil’s objective has been to help progressive sawmillers produce more lumber from their existing wood resource.
We are looking for creative, dynamic, passionate, hard-working, goal-oriented, engaged talent to join our team at our plant in Delta (Tilbury) and help us execute big ideas.
The IT Technician is responsible for providing technical assistance and support to computer systems users across the company.
- Configure, troubleshoot and keep up to date 2012-2016 Windows Servers.
- Install and maintain basic software such as Windows 7, Windows 10, 2007-2019 Microsoft Office, Solid works, AutoCAD and others.
- Troubleshoot, assist and fix issues with the office printers and IP Phones.
- Maintain Telus email service for the company.
- Maintain the server backup system.
- Maintain the company webpage and keep it at the top of relevant industry-related searches.
- Configure and maintain managed and unmanaged switches.
- Assist and fix issues with network connected CNC machines and other industrial machinery.
- Find and purchase parts and software for the office computers.
- certification in relevant IT disciplines and/or a degree/diploma in a relevant field will be preferred.
- minimum 1-3 years experience in a similar position is required.
- excellent command of the English language; oral and written.
- must be able to work independently, as well as be part of a team.
Must have reliable transportation, as transit to this area is limited.
Please email your resume and cover letter, stating salary expectations, to email@example.com
How to Apply