Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Veterinary and Animal Health Technologists and Technicians (3213)
NOC Job Title: Veterinary Technician
Expires in 55 days
Last Updated: 2021-02-08
Job Number: 656159
1119 C, Austin Avenue
Coquitlam, British Columbia
V3K 3P4, Canada
This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Employer Name: Maillardville Animal Hospital
Industry Title: Specialty (except Psychiatric and Substance Abuse) Hospitals (6223)
About the hospital
Maillardville Animal Hospital in Coquitlam, BC provides veterinary care for all creatures great and small. We are a dedicated group of caring and passionate professionals who strive to provide quality care to our clients. Whether it is for routine preventive care, a surgical procedure, a serious health issue or treatment of an injury, we treat our client’s pet as we would one of our own.
Currently we are hiring a full-time and permanent “Veterinary Technician” for our clinic. The candidate must be a team player who is friendly, patient, and enthusiastic with clients and their pets and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment. It is essential that they possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, can multitask, and have a high attention to detail.
Company Legal Name: Vinayak Holdings Ltd.
Company Business Name: Maillardville Animal Hospital
Position: Veterinary Technician
Number of positions: 1
Terms of employment: Full Time, Permanent
Wages: $25.00 per hour
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Business & work location: 1119 C, Austin Avenue, Coquitlam, BC, V3K3P4
· Assist veterinarian with animals before, during and following surgery.
· Prepare and administer medication as per veterinarian’s instructions.
· Take X-rays, place IV catheters, collect samples and perform laboratory tests to help in diagnosis of animal health problems and possible treatment.
· Communicate with clients about animal care and discuss discharge instructions.
· Maintain animal records by documenting animal conditions, reactions, and changes, updating database.
· Enhance service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Minimum 2 or 3-year College diploma/degree in health/veterinary technology is required.
· Experience as a Veterinary Technician will be an asset but not mandatory.
· Applicant must be fluent in English.
How to apply?
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To reduce our environmental footprint and enhance the effectiveness of our applicant tracking process, we ask that you submit your resume through email at email@example.com
Interested and qualified candidates are welcome to apply including aboriginals, newcomers, and youth. We thank all of you for applying!
How to Apply