Director, Accounting & Reporting 13151
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Financial Auditors and Accountants (1111)
NOC Job Title: Accountant
Expires in 57 days
Last Updated: 2021-02-09
Job Number: 656407
Vancouver, British Columbia
This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Employer Name: Horizon Recruitment Inc.
Industry Title: Business, Professional, Labor, Political, and Similar Organizations (8139)
Horizon Recruitment has been engaged to recruit a Director, Accounting & Reporting. This role is with a client with a rich history in the development and enrichment of Vancouver. An exciting and rewarding opportunity for a capable accounting leader who will report to the VP, Finance.
The Director, Accounting leads all accounting and reporting functions for our large enterprise client. The successful candidate will oversee the financial management of corporate assets, including ensuring proper internal controls are in place and approved financial policies are implemented and followed across the organization while complying with legal and statutory requirements. The Director, Accounting leads the Finance department which includes the following areas: Corporate Accounting, Asset Management, Treasury, Payroll, AR and Expense Management.
- Establish and implement goals and objectives for the operations of the department and maintains accountability and performance management processes.
- Monitor and maintain accountability processes, including overseeing the development of a framework of data and financial reporting which address variance, tolerance, and approaches to resolution of key problems.
- Work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders on matters relating to financial accountability and monitoring, policy development and implementation, service planning and usage demand in accordance with established contracts.
- Lead all treasury, investment and commodity tax functions and ensxxxure that proper internal controls exist to implement and administer Board and approved financial policies complying with all statutory requirements.
- Knowledge of accounting practices, policies, trends, emerging accounting standards, and extensive audit experience.
- Knowledge of financial, administrative contract management, business case development and program evaluation principles and practices.
- Ability to lead, plan, direct, manage and implement change.
- Ability to direct a variety of cyclical operational, budgeting and financial planning processes.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others
- Ability to develop and maintain rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- CPA designation along with a professional Business Degree
- 10 – 15 years of related leadership experience in a large scale complex organization
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.
How to Apply