Advanced Practice Physiotherapist - Arthritis Surgical Assessment Program
Salary: $36.51 - $45.37/Hourly
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Master's Degree
Positions Available: 8
NOC Group: Physiotherapists (3142)
NOC Job Title: Physiotherapist
Expires in 17 days
Last Updated: 2021-02-10
Job Number: 656618
Vancouver, British Columbia
North Vancouver, British Columbia
Richmond, British Columbia
This exciting new Advanced Practice Physiotherapist (APP) role is part of a new VCH program called “Hip and Knee ASAP” (Arthritis Surgical Assessment Program), working closely with the orthopedic surgeons.
The APP will triage and assess the referred patient, then direct the referral to a surgeon, or remove a non-surgical patient from the waitlist and assist in directing the patient to existing education programs and other resources for osteoarthritis management. This is the first APP surgical triage program for Hip and Knee patients in the province and strives to be a leading model of care for this population.
These roles are located at three sites - Vancouver General Hospital/UBC, Richmond Hospital and Lions Gate Hospital. When applying, be sure to indicate which sites you are interested in/order of preference:
• Full time opportunities at Richmond Hospital
• Full time opportunities at Lions Gate Hospital
• Full time opportunities at Vancouver General Hospital/UBC
• Part time (0.8 FTE) opportunities at Vancouver General Hospital/UBC
• Full time regional vacation line that works across Vancouver General Hospital/UBC, Richmond Hospital and Lions Gate Hospital. This relief line will integrate with the daily APP activities of the assigned sites
The Patient Population
As a Physiotherapist with the Hip and Knee, Arthritis Surgical Assessment Program (ASAP) team you will triage and prioritize patients for surgery with moderate to severe osteoarthritis of the hip or knee who have been referred to the Arthritis Surgical Assessment Program (ASAP).
The Nature of your Work
The nature of your support/assistance/treatment to your clients could include:
- First point of contact for consultation and assessment for the defined population
- Comprehensive physical assessment and triage patient for surgical consult or refer to non surgical chronic disease management services
- Independently removes non surgical patients from surgical consult waitlist one
- Teaches pre-operative hip and knee classes
- Full integration with local orthopedic surgeons and post consult communication with the primary care provider
Why Choose VCH:
- Work-life balance
- Stunning work locations
- Dynamic work opportunities
- "People First" Commitment
- Supportive leadership
- Clinical practice support
- Career development & education
- Competitive salary plus benefits package including extended health & dental, pension, and vacation entitlement
- Employee & Family Assistance program
- Bursaries and scholarships to assist with continuing education
- Relocation assistance may be offered
Define your career in one of the most exciting and rewarding healthcare environments Canada-wide with Vancouver Coastal Health.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Physiotherapy.
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Five (5) years’ clinical experience including three (3) years’ clinical experience in the musculoskeletal area of practice.
- Successful completion of a relevant diagnostic imaging course.
How to Apply