Advanced Practice Physiotherapist - Arthritis Surgical Assessment Program
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 9
NOC Group: Physiotherapists (3142)
NOC Job Title: Physical Therapist
Expires in 58 days
Last Updated: 2021-02-11
Job Number: 656738
520 W. 6th Avenue
Vancouver, British Columbia
V5Z 4H5, Canada
Come work as an Advanced Practice Physiotherapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
This exciting new Advanced Practice Physiotherapist (APP) role is part of a new VCH program called “Hip and Knee ASAP” (Arthritis Surgical Assessment Program), working closely with the orthopedic surgeons.
The APP will triage and assess the referred patient, then direct the referral to a surgeon, or remove a non-surgical patient from the waitlist and assist in directing the patient to existing education programs and other resources for osteoarthritis management. This is the first APP surgical triage program for Hip and Knee patients in the province and strives to be a leading model of care for this population.
These roles are located at three sites - Vancouver General Hospital/UBC, Richmond Hospital and Lions Gate Hospital. When applying, be sure to indicate which sites you are interested in/order of preference:
• Full time opportunities at Richmond Hospital
• Full time opportunities at Lions Gate Hospital
• Full time opportunities at Vancouver General Hospital/UBC
• Part time (0.8 FTE) opportunities at Vancouver General Hospital/UBC
• Full time regional vacation line that works across Vancouver General Hospital/UBC, Richmond Hospital and Lions Gate Hospital. This relief line will integrate with the daily APP activities of the assigned sites
The Patient Population
As a Physiotherapist with the Hip and Knee, Arthritis Surgical Assessment Program (ASAP) team you will triage and prioritize patients for surgery with moderate to severe osteoarthritis of the hip or knee who have been referred to the Arthritis Surgical Assessment Program (ASAP).
The Nature of your Work
The nature of your support/assistance/treatment to your clients could include:
- First point of contact for consultation and assessment for the defined population
- Comprehensive physical assessment and triage patient for surgical consult or refer to non surgical chronic disease management services
- Independently removes non surgical patients from surgical consult waitlist one
- Teaches pre-operative hip and knee classes
- Full integration with local orthopedic surgeons and post consult communication with the primary care provider
Education & Experience
- Degree in Physiotherapy.
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Five (5) years’ clinical experience including three (3) years’ clinical experience in the musculoskeletal area of practice.
- Successful completion of a relevant diagnostic imaging course.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
How to Apply