Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Industrial and Manufacturing Engineers (2141)
NOC Job Title: Plant Engineer
Expires in 65 days
Last Updated: 2021-02-18
Job Number: 657519
109- 917 Clivedon Ave
Delta, British Columbia
V3M 5R6, Canada
We are Hiring for Full-Time Permanent Process Engineer position.
Merlin Plastics offer a dynamic and inclusive work environment, and a positive work culture. We have industry leading wages and competitive group benefits, including dental, healthcare and Retirement Savings.
Merlin Plastics is an innovative, recycler and processor of post-consumer and post-industrial plastics. Our mission is a dedication to providing environmental recycling services that are environmentally sound, and socially responsible.
Reports to: Vice President of Research and Development
The Process Engineer will be responsible for developing and implementing key manufacturing processes for the conversion of plastic scrap into recycled resins. In this role the Process Engineer will provide process training to operators, maintenance and supervisory personnel in order to maintain and control production output and product quality at optimal levels. The Process Engineer may or may not have direct reports, depending upon project load and staffing levels, but the Process Engineer is a key member of the management staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement process parameters for new equipment and production lines within the plant.
- Optimize and continuously improve existing processes in order to increase production output and improve product quality.
- Document all processes, establishing process limits and SOPs for all production equipment.
- Develop visual management checklists for all equipment and process settings.
- Train operators, supervisors, maintenance and management personnel on optimal plastics processing conditions.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong plastics processing capabilities and experience.
- Experience in plastics recycling operations with shredding, grinding, washing and sorting operations a plus.
- Experience with Lean and Continuous Improvement methodology and tools.
- Experience with GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) for food contact materials manufacturing.
- Understanding of, and ability to develop and implement HACCPs (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points plan) for food contact materials manufacturing.
- Project planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Proficient in project management software packages such as Microsoft Project and good working knowledge of other Microsoft Office software.
- Familiarity with Autocad LT (D2D) for equipment and line layouts and plant design.
- Strong working knowledge of Siemens and Allen Bradley control packages and software.
- Experienced in SPC (Statistical Process Control).
- Set up process monitoring program to be integrated with LIMS.
- Establish scheduled maintenance for all major equipment.
- Ability to work extended hours when needed.
- Be able to work effectively with individuals at all levels (employees, associates, management and contractors).
- Chemical, mechanical or electrical engineering degree.
- At least 10 years of plastics processing experience, preferably in a plastics recycling environment.
- Work in accordance with all company policies and procedures regarding employment, safety, quality, product safety and legality, security, and regulatory compliance as applicable.
How to Apply