Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Industrial Engineering and Manufacturing Technologists and Technicians (2233)
NOC Job Title: Industrial Engineering Technician
Expires in 32 days
Last Updated: 2021-02-18
Job Number: 657731
Coquitlam, British Columbia
This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Employer Name: Redo Contracting Inc.
Industry Title: Nonresidential Building Construction (2362)
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists
- Develop and conduct production, inventory and quality assurance programs in manufacturing or in other industries
- Design plant layouts and production facilities
- Develop and carry out work study and related programs
- Develop and carry out industrial health, safety and fire prevention plans and programs and conduct safety training programs
- Develop applications using CAD/CAM (computer-assisted drafting, computer-assisted manufacturing) for the control of robots, computer numerical control (CNC) machines and other manufacturing processes and operations.
Industrial engineering and manufacturing technicians
- Assist in the design of plant layouts
- Conduct work measurement or other studies
- Collect and compile operational or experimental data and assist in the development of estimates, schedules, specifications and reports
- Collect and analyze data and samples in support of quality assurance and industrial health and safety programs
- Develop manufacturing and processing procedures and variables, set machine or equipment controls, oversee production and inspect processes.
Technologists and technicians in this unit group may specialize in the development of production processes, quality assurance programs, plans and schedules in a particular industrial area such as metal fabrication, plastics, pulp and paper, or textile manufacturing.
- Completion of a two- or three-year college program or equivalent in industrial engineering technology, pulp and paper technology, plastics technology, textile technology, manufacturing technology or a related discipline is usually required for industrial engineering or manufacturing technologists.
- Completion of a one- or two-year college program in industrial engineering technology or in a related discipline is usually required for industrial engineering or manufacturing technicians.
- Certification in industrial engineering or manufacturing technology or in a related field is available through provincial or territorial associations of engineering/applied science technologists and technicians and may be required for some positions.
- A period of supervised work experience, usually two years, is required before certification.
- A college diploma in manufacturing technology and/or trade certification and experience in machining and tooling or metalworking is required for CAD-CAM/CNC programmers.
- In Quebec, membership in the regulatory body is required to use the title "Professional Technologist."
- There is mobility to related fields such as technical sales.
- Progression to managerial positions is possible with experience.
How to Apply