Construction Rigger- Foreman
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Technical Training
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Supervisors, Other Mechanical and Metal Products Manufacturing (9226)
NOC Job Title: Construction Machinery Assembly Foreman
Expires in 65 days
Last Updated: 2021-02-18
Job Number: 657801
North Vancouver, British Columbia
This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Employer Name: Intercore Contracting Inc.
Industry Title: Nonresidential Building Construction (2362)
Rigger Job Description:
We are looking to hire a qualified Rigger to set up and repair rigging for the movement of heavy equipment. As a Rigger, you will be required to prepare the materials before loading, set up the rigging equipment, operate heavy equipment machinery, and dismantle the rigging after the job. You will also be required to communicate with the rigging team and ensure compliance with state health and safety regulations.
To ensure success as a Rigger, you should have in-depth knowledge of rigging equipment, excellent spacial awareness, and good communication skills. A skilled Rigger is meticulous with construction and always aware of safety on the construction site.
- Inspecting and preparing loads that need to be moved.
- Setting, aligning, and leveling heavy equipment machinery.
- Selecting the appropriate rigging gear.
- Preparing rigging equipment including beams, pulleys, clamps, and bolts.
- Inspecting rigging before final use.
- Monitoring and maintaining rigging equipment.
- Maneuvering loads using heavy equipment machinery and by hand.
- Ensuring compliance with state and company safety procedures.
- Communicating with the rigging and construction team.
- Breaking down rigging equipment and conducting post-rigging inspections.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3+ years working as a Rigger.
- Minimum Level 1 NCCCO certification.
- Familiarity with OSHA safety standards.
- In-depth knowledge of rigging equipment and heavy machinery.
- Excellent hearing and vision.
- Ability to work at heights and in noisy environments.
- High-level mathematical skills.
- Physical fitness and ability to lift heavy equipment.
- Ability to work outdoors in harsh weather conditions.
How to Apply