Shop/ Yard Labourer
Salary: $16.00 - $20.00/Hourly
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Labourers in Mineral and Metal Processing (9611)
NOC Job Title: Labourer, Steel Plant
Expires in 16 days
Last Updated: 2021-02-26
Job Number: 659021
2255 Townline Road
Abbotsford, British Columbia
V2T 6H1, Canada
Mainland Machinery services complete steel fabrication products and services for the energy, mining, ports & terminals and industrial agriculture industries. Year round full time work.
Offering benefits, apprenticeship programs, and RRSP contributions, and a variety of interesting and challenging work. We are a growing and expanding company with career advancement prospects. Merit based pay system ranging between $16-$20
- Required to wear appropriate PPE while on company sites.
- Required to follow all safety requirements as per safety policies
- No cell phone use during work hours. Permitted during breaks and lunch only.
- Physically capable of lifting up to 50 pounds and recognizing the need for help
Duties & Responsibilities
- Pre-shift inspection of shop lift trucks, scissor lifts & overhead cranes, subject to completion of Mainland training and certification
- General cleaning, sweeping of shop & surrounding yard.
- Pick-up dunnage & store in dunnage cribs.
- Organize/tidy unused airlines and extension cords
- Maintain the following
- Cardboard bins
- Garbage cans
- Metal scrap bins
- Clean the shop equipment
- Clean & debur component parts as well as organize and kit parts
- Assist Supervisor in day to day tasks
- Daily operation of forklifts (once proper training has been provided by Mainland)
- Assist fabricators and welders in day to day tasks as needed.
- Other various related tasks as required
How to Apply