Job Type: Full Time, Student
Start Date: 2021-05-03
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Library, Archive, Museum and Art Gallery Managers (0511)
NOC Job Title: Co-Ordinator, Museum
Expires in 34 days
Last Updated: 2021-04-08
Job Number: 662678
215 Kilby Road
Harrison Mills, British Columbia
V0M 1L0, Canada
The Kilby Historic Site & Archives has a 16-week summer student employment opportunity which will run from May 3 to August 23, 2021. Please note that the staffing of the position and its duration are conditional on the approval of the grant application submitted to the Young Canada Works program
· Assist in new and ongoing digitization and cataloguing projects in accordance with the BC Museum Standards and Best Practices guidelines.
· Assist the Curator with the process of photographing museum artifacts and uploads archival images to database for public online access.
· Provide back up for programming areas; will assist in museum and added protocols due to the coronavirus
· Initiate conversation with visitors and proceed with the interpretation based on their interests and level of understanding
· Inform and entertain visitors by presenting accurate information and demonstrations with enthusiasm and imagination
· Assist with researching museum objects for historical interpretation & updating artefact database records for public online access.
· Assist with museum conservation; including pest control and monitoring.
· Assist with the research & development of archival documents for public assess.
· Must wear a supplied period costume while working on-site
· Deliver educational heritage programming, may be required to assist with weekend demonstrations & historical re-enactments to children and the visiting public.
· Please note that in order to apply you must be registered in the Young Canada Works inventory at www.youngcanadaworks.ca and that you must be between the ages of 16 and 30. You must also have been a full-time student in the semester preceding the YCW job and intend to return to full-time studies in the semester following the YCW job. Priority is given to candidates who have not previously participated in a summer work experience program.
· Ability to work co-operatively, as part of a team.
· Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Familiar with the Microsoft Office (database experience, an asset).
· Ability to work 35 hours a week including weekends.
· Priority may be given to students in our surrounding towns and First Nations communities
· Driver’s license not required but must possess a reliable means of transportation to/from work
· Must be able to pass a criminal record check.
This position offers an hourly rate of $15.80 – 35 hours week
Apply by sending your resume by April 9, 2021 to the Human Resources Department, Kilby Historic Site, Fax: (604)796-9592 or e-mail to email@example.com We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Fraser Heritage Society is committed to employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
How to Apply