Event & Program Assistant
Job Type: Full Time, Student
Start Date: 2021-05-03
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Library, Archive, Museum and Art Gallery Managers (0511)
NOC Job Title: Assistant Museum Director
Expires in 34 days
Last Updated: 2021-04-08
Job Number: 662681
215 Kilby Road
Harrison Mills, British Columbia
V0M 1L0, Canada
The Kilby Historic Site & Archives has a 16-week summer student employment opportunity which will run from May 3 to August 23, 2021. Please note that the staffing of the position and its duration are conditional on the approval of the grant application submitted to the Young Canada Works program
· Assist the Program Director with the planning and delivery of 14 Special events as well as, daily public events, Campground children’s programming, and fundraising events.
· Assist with the programming and delivery of relevant and heritage activities for all special events.
· Assist in shepherding Event volunteers
· Wear and maintain period costume at all times while on Site.
· Evaluate event success and submit debriefing reports
· Research and present possible new events. Attend other events in our region.
· Deliver interpretive programs including demonstrations, general tours, and activities for public and school groups.
· Responsible for communications and networking the promotion of special events by building community awareness through multiple media platforms.
· Builds and maintains database of contacts.
· Under the Guidelines of this program to be eligible: youth must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment; be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2; and, be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
· Possess an outgoing personality with good public speaking and communication skills.
· Experience in event planning an asset.
· Ability to work co-operatively, as part of a team.
· You are an individual who pays close attention to detail.
· An asset to be familiar with the Microsoft Office, Photo Shop, and media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, etc)
· Ability to work 35 hours a week including weekends.
· Driver’s license not required but must possess a reliable means of transportation to/from work
· Priority may be given to students in our surrounding towns and First Nations communities
· Must be able to pass and maintain a criminal and personal record background check.
This position offers an hourly rate of $15.80 – 35 hours week
Apply by sending your resume by April 9, 2021 to the Human Resources Department, Kilby Historic Site, Fax: (604)796-9592 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Fraser Heritage Society is a charitable non-profit society that operates the museum and is committed to employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
How to Apply