Museum Visitor Experience Specialist
Job Type: Full Time, Student
Start Date: 2021-05-19
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Tour and Travel Guides (6441)
NOC Job Title: Tour Guide
Expires in 25 days
Last Updated: 2021-03-24
Job Number: 663789
7011 Pioneer Avenue,
P.O. Box 313
Agassiz, British Columbia
V0M 1A0, Canada
VISITOR EXPERIENCE SPECIALIST
Are you passionate about natural and cultural heritage? Are you familiar with the communities of Agassiz, Harrison Mills, and Harrison Hot Springs? Then consider joining us as a Visitor Experience Specialist this summer!
The Agassiz-Harrison Museum & Visitor Information Centre has an exciting 15-week youth summer employment position available from May 19 to August 29, 2021. Wage $15.50 per hour.
We are looking for a front-of-house Visitor Experience Specialist to provide visitor service information, engage with visitors, conduct museum tours, deliver programs, and manage point-of-sale transactions.
POSITION DEPENDENT ON FUNDING AND THE FOLLOWING ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
This is a Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) funded program. To be eligible you must be:
- a full-time student in Spring 2021, returning to full-time studies in the Fall of 2021
- between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment
- will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) during the Canada Summer Jobs(CSJ) work assignment;
- able to work 35 hours a week including weekends
- able to pass a Criminal Record check.
- Communication: Must feel comfortable working with the public and be a highly skilled communicator, in both oral presentation and written word. Must have exceptional customer service skills
- Interpersonal: Must be an effective team player, and able to work smoothly and effectively with a wide range of museum volunteers, staff and visitors
- Technical: Must have computer and software skills in order to work in the point-of-sale and project management systems
Please forward your resume and a cover letter detailing your experience and interest via email to; Charlotte Murray, Manager/Curator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Wednesday, May 5th, 2021.
Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. For more information about the Agassiz-Harrison Museum & Visitor Information Centre, please visit: www.agassizharrisonmuseum.org.
How to Apply