Senior Concept Designer
Salary: $95,000.00 - $160,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Theatre, Fashion, Exhibit and Other Creative Designers (5243)
NOC Job Title: Fashion Designer
Expires in 107 days
Last Updated: 2021-04-07
Job Number: 666274
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1C7, Canada
Who we are
Lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
The Senior Concept Design role sits within the Concept Design Org. Our goal is to elevate the Lululemon product with a focus on the art and the science of colour to create a compelling consumer experience at retail. This team will drive colour excellence through the connection of design, development and manufacturing.
A day in the life:
· Concept designer. Well informed of current colour trends, art, fashion, design and sport related products through market research to keep ahead of consumer needs.
· This role will drive concept special projects. Drive the direction, strategy and application of the artwork and graphic.
· Influences concept direction, head to toe looks, colour strategy and artwork direction + graphics.
· Experience in colour technology and how to achieve colour, create effects on materials through dye techniques, and finishes.
· Continuously advances product process and design skills, keeping abreast of technology, reflective of an expert design professional.
· Collaborates with x-functional teams; merchandizing, product design and development, and co-ordinates with fellow concept designers in print and textures, to bring the concept to life, through colour, artwork and graphic.
· Builds and presents compelling narrative and inspiring concept direction of special project to varying audiences.
· Could mentor and coach junior designers.
· 8+ years industry experience.
· MA, BA, BFA or BS in Design
· Excellent skills in Adobe suite-illustrator/photoshop/InDesign +
· Solid presentation skills
· Proven work ethic with the utmost integrity.
· Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature.
· Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
· Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
· Lives in possibility and enrolls, inspires and motivates others.
· Self-motivated, passionate, empathetic and fun!
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.
How to Apply