Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Purchasing Agents and Officers (1225)
NOC Job Title: Purchasing Agent
Expires in 21 days
Last Updated: 2021-04-20
Job Number: 668495
Burnaby, British Columbia
Sungiven Foods Canada Inc. is a Specialty Neighbourhood Grocery with carefully selected private brand products. We pride ourselves as a provider of healthy daily meals. Our products are Natural, Less Processed and contains Fewer Additives for families who love cooking.
We are currently looking for an Import Assistant.
About the Position:
The Import Assistant will report to the Head of International Trade and is responsible for providing technical/business support to our International Trade team. This is an exciting people-orientated role that will work in close collaboration between multiple departments to help expand our product offerings in North America. We are looking for a team-orientated, technically sound, passionate individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and maintain purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Support with the implementation of buying strategies, merchandising programs and marketing plans.
- Source and obtain price quotations from catalogues and suppliers and prepare purchase orders
- Contact suppliers to schedule deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed deliveries and other problems
- Analysis of retail prices in coordination with the team and Operation Team, as well as the implementation and continuous monitoring of the grocery landscape
- Help manage vendor and brand selection, develop strong vendor relationships, monitor industry trends, evaluate competition, and attend major markets and conduct competitive shops
- Assist in developing the merchandising strategy, and assist with sales analysis
- Maintain record/filing system for P.O. and documentation
- Perform other duties as assigned by senior management team
Skills and Abilities:
- Possess good communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial spirited, fast-paced and changing workplace environment with a desire to make a strong impact on the business
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and make judgements, and a sense of urgency is important
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong command of MS Office Suite (MS or Google), specifically with MS Excel
- Written and verbal English proficiency
- Ability to speak Mandarin is considered an asset
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree in a related field such as, but not limited to, Supply Chain, Procurement, or Business Administration.
- Experience in a retail environment and relevant experience working with vendors is preferred
- Experience in sourcing product in North American
While we appreciate and thank all applicants, only those that are shortlisted will be contacted. Come join the fun!!!
How to Apply