Service Writer/ Parts Person
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Storekeepers and Parts Clerks (1472)
NOC Job Title: Partsperson
Expires in 68 days
Last Updated: 2021-04-23
Job Number: 669197
161 Mishaw Road
Prince Rupert, British Columbia
V8J 3Y1, Canada
Terus Construction Ltd. dba Adventure Construction is seeking a Service Writer/Parts Person. Terus Construction Ltd., is a leader in the construction industry in British Columbia and the Yukon Territory.
The Service Writer/Parts Person oversees all aspects of equipment parts purchasing and work order management
· Equipment reporting and fuel management.
· Develop work orders for plant and equipment repairs.
· Parts Inventory, ordering and delivery.
· Shop Maintenance.
· Equipment warranty.
· Insurance requirement, Government inspections and marine cargo.
· Ensure quality controls are in place and are followed.
· Follow up with mechanics on work progress.
· Establish good relationships with the team, and external resources.
· Participate, accept and adopt the principles described in the company safety program.
· Must ensure a solid understanding of and comply with the principles of the company’s Code of Ethics.
· Must examine situations in light of the principles of the Code of Ethics.
· Other duties as required.
· Occasionally overtime and travel is required.
· Most of the work is performed in an indoor setting and may include a combination of standing, sitting and walking. Sitting for extended periods of time is required.
· Must be able to work respecting safety policies and procedures. Perform duties safely. around mobile equipment and have a high sense of safety awareness while performing his/ her work.
· Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
· Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol policy, including testing requirements.
· Must comply with all company policies.
· Valid Class 5 drivers license.
· Experience in the parts industry
· Ability to open and close work orders using JD Edwards.
· Strong computer skills and use of excel
We offer a competitive compensation package with a comprehensive benefit plan and a pension plan. In addition the Company offers many development opportunities through tailored training programs.
If you would like more information about the position, please contact the shop foreman Jerret Beal at 250-627-9161
To submit your resume, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume. However, only applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
How to Apply