Care Manager Position at Pine Grove Care Centre
Salary: $44.00 - $47.00/Hourly
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Managers in Health Care (0311)
NOC Job Title: Nursing Care Manager - Medical Services
Expires in 84 days
Last Updated: 2021-05-13
Job Number: 671961
313 McGowan Ave
Kamloops, British Columbia
V2B 2N8, Canada
This position assumes the role as a leader in planning, directing, developing, and providing quality care. The responsibilities include meeting and adhering to professional standards, complying with organizational and corporate policies and procedures, supporting corporate and organizational missions, goals, and values; promoting teamwork among associates and fostering positive resident outcomes. Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills are a must as well as the ability to work well with others and be sensitive to their problems, concerns and goals. Being ‘on call’ in case of an emergency will be an expectation.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Superior interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities, in a tactful, mature, and flexible manner.
- Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment.
- Good communication skills (written & verbal English).
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Requires ability to work with a minimum of supervision and excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills.
- Participative management style-advocate of team concept.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive but be able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities.
- Results and people oriented, with sound judgment and the ability to balance other business considerations.
- Valid BC Nursing Certification is required
- Fundamental understanding of the Simpe Q and Agassiz Seniors Community policies and organization.
- Interprets nursing philosophy and establishes goals and objectives.
- Institutes organizational structure and communication systems.
- Protects interests of employees and the company in accordance with company policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Review, evaluate, and implement policies and nursing care plans in coordination with the views and wishes of Agassiz Seniors Community
- Coaching and disciplining and possible termination of staff as required (In accordance with B.C. employment standards and in consultation with the Simpe Q COO)
- Plans, organizes directs and provide care in conformance with established company policy, law and governmental regulatory agencies.
- Assist Educator with Simpe Q orientation with all new employees.
- Have working knowledge of each of the nursing shifts (AM, PM and nights)
- Provide nurse coverage if the need occurs.
- If required assist in medication administration to allow nurse time to complete additional tasks.
- Monitor complex needs residents and complete head to toe assessments as required.
- Provide clinical guidance for care of palliative residents.
- Transcribe Doctors orders as required.
- Performs nursing procedures and interventions and monitor and evaluate the effectiveness.
The successful applicant for this job posting must provide satisfactory proof, or have such proof on file, that they have received the COVID-19 vaccination and any required COVID-19 booster vaccination. This requirement shall be waived if the applicant has not received the vaccination due to any legislated protected human rights grounds. In such a case, and upon presentation of sufficient proof, SimpeQ Care shall make reasonable attempts to accommodate the applicant to carry out their role where possible recognizing that the health and safety of other employees and residents will be a priority.
How to Apply