Computer Network Technician
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Computer Network Technicians (2281)
NOC Job Title: Computer Network Technician
Expires in 40 days
Last Updated: 2021-10-01
Job Number: 677220
Various locations in Lower Mainland and Greater Vancouver region in (BC) as per company’s contracts
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
V3C 5V9, Canada
This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Employer Name: FJ Consulting Ltd.
Industry Title: Computer Systems Design and Related Services (5415)
FJ Consulting Ltd. is currently seeking a candidate to join their team as a Computer Network Technician, in a fast-paced environment within the Lower Mainland/Greater Vancouver region.
Provide end user with hardware and software support, onsite and offsite, with effective solutions in a timely manner. This role is ideal for someone who loves helping others, has loads of initiative and great technical and follow-through skills.
Company: FJ Consulting Ltd.
Company Location: 1108, Yarmouth Street, Port Coquitlam, BC, V3C 5V9
Position: Computer Network Technician
Positions Available: 1
Wage Rate: $29.00 per hour
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Work Location(s): Various locations in Lower Mainland and Greater Vancouver region in BC (as per company’s contracts)
· Maintain, troubleshoot, and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations and peripheral equipment’s.
· Manage information and computer systems.
· Install and configure computer hardware, operating systems, and applications.
· Set up local area networks (LAN’s) and connections to the internet.
· Review and install any upgrades to the computer hardware, networking software, operating software.
· Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems, networks and to co-ordinate access and use of computer networks.
· Troubleshoot system problems, diagnose, and solve hardware or software faults.
· Provide problem-solving services to network users.
· Implement data, software, and hardware security procedures.
· Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
· Implement network traffic and security monitoring software and optimize server performance.
· Perform web-server backup and recovery operations.
· Remote system and server management.
· Microsoft 365 Services deployment and management.
· Education in Computer Science, Network Administration, Web Technology or a related field.
· Experience in relevant occupation would be an asset but not mandatory.
· Understanding of hardware, network components and concepts.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong problem solving/analytical abilities.
· Strong troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
· Attention to detail and ability to multi-task while talking to clients.
· Familiarity with remote systems management tools.
· Strong knowledge of M365, and Azure AD platforms.
How to apply?
Interested and qualified candidates are welcome to apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FJ Consulting Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer!
How to Apply