Recreation/Activity Aide - Foyer Maillard (PV644)
Salary: $21.00 - $25.83/Hourly
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Technical Training
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Other Assisting Occupations in Support of Health Services (3414)
NOC Job Title: Activity Worker
Expires in 32 days
Last Updated: 2021-06-10
Job Number: 678054
1010 Alderson Avenue
Coquitlam, British Columbia
V3K 1W1, Canada
Recreation/Activity Aide - Foyer Maillard
Pro Vita is looking for strong, experienced Recreation/Activity Aide with a passion for the elderly to join one of our teams to support our residents in various Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia.
Company Name:ProVita Care Management
Job Title: Recreation/Activity Aide (NOC 3414)
Location of Work:Foyer Maillard
Term of Employment: Casual
Start Day: As soon as possible
Shift(s):As needed for days and evenings, 7.5 hour shifts
Recreation/Activity Aide Responsibilities:
- Participates in the creation, organization and implementation of therapeutic recreation programs such as arts and crafts, exercise, music, woodworking, cooking, baking, gardening, outings and other social programs.
- Teaches, directs and demonstrates activities to residents and volunteers.
- Transfers, porters and ambulates residents to and from activities. Implements ambulation programs as designed/designated by Occupational or Physiotherapy or rehab worker.
- Assists residents at meals, including feeding.
- Assists with admissions, discharges and transfers of residents as required.
- Provides input into planning and evaluating recreation programs by reporting observations and resident feedback to the Recreation Coordinator/Manager.
- Completes recording/ statistical sheets on activities including attendance at each activity.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Recreation/Activity Aide Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized institution with a Recreational/Activity Certification or combination of experience/training.
- Holds and Maintains a Valid Class 4 BC driver’s license, as applicable to care home needs.
- Maintains Valid Occupational First Aide Level 1 Certificate including CPR “A”.
- Maintains Food Safe Level 1.
Recreation/Activity Aide Nice to Haves:
- 2 years recent related experience working with seniors is preferred.
What Pro Vita will offer you:
- A competitive salary of $25.83
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
How to Apply