Manager for Staffed Residential Home
Salary: $59,945.00 - $65,062.00/Annually
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Community and Social Service Workers (4212)
NOC Job Title: Community And Social Services Worker
Expires in 10 days
Last Updated: 2021-06-10
Job Number: 678055
Richmond, British Columbia
As resource manager for a staffed home, you will join a team where the staff, families and people receiving services have a culture of supporting, celebrating, and enriching the interconnectedness of our communities. Your job is to develop person-centred care and inclusion opportunities for the people who participate in our services. You will create a workplace that supports and empowers staff to love and support these people and their families, and you will maintain administration systems to ensure effective and accountable operations.
As part of your role, you will walk alongside the people with diverse abilities, helping them with daily living skills, encouraging their growth and celebrating goals reached.
This is a full-time position available June 2021. It is ideal for experienced leaders who have worked directly with people who have disabilities.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Competitive salary range: $59,945 – $65,062.
• Excellent extended benefits package.
• 3 weeks vacation to start.
• Ongoing training and leadership professional development opportunities.
• Oversee and coordinate the support and care of people with diverse abilities in a home setting.
• Provide growth-oriented social, recreational and leisure activities with the community.
• Provide training and oversight of positive behaviour supports and delegated health care tasks as required by resource.
• Implement life skills training.
• Explore vocational and volunteer opportunities for the people receiving services.
• Create a welcoming, loving space where relationships among people, staff, families, and community partners are nourished and enriched.
• Facilitate external professional supports and community partnerships.
• Meet all health and safety standards.
• Administer budgets and report to supervisor.
• Be available on-call to assist staff.
• A heart to support people with diverse abilities.
• Proven leadership experience and strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with people who have diverse abilities, their families, friends, staff, community and extended support networks.
• Standard requirements (criminal record check, medical clearance, Class 4 driver’s license, tuberculosis screening, ICBC driving record, immunization records).
• Strong organizational and assessment skills with a high level of personal integrity, initiative and maturity.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to teach or train staff.
• Experience working with adults with disabilities.
• Education background in a social services field preferred.
• A philosophy of care in line with Bethesda’s philosophy of Christian service and support for people with disabilities.
We are welcoming of applicants who desire to lead a team that values communication, trust and healthy working relationships. This position is ideal for a well-organized, mature professional who has a heart for serving.
How to Apply
2975 Gladwin Road
Abbotsford, British Columbia
V2T 5T4, Canada