Packaging Production Crew
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Labourers in Food, Beverage and Tobacco Processing (9617)
NOC Job Title: Blender And Packer - Food And Beverage Processing
Expires in 4 days
Last Updated: 2021-06-14
Job Number: 678642
#301-5301 Chaster Road
Duncan, British Columbia
V9L 0G4, Canada
Packaging Production Crew
A packer is responsible for the production and/or packaging of a variety of food products. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
- Understand and follow basic verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work in a group setting
- Ability to use a scale
- Effectively communicate information and respond to questions
- Possess basic mathematical skills
- Perform basic visual quality inspections on products
- Maintain the production pace of other team members
- Proper grooming standards
- Proper clothing including non-slip steel toed shoes
- Indicates the frequency and number of hours in an average day the following types of activities are required (total may equal more than 8-10 hours for work done simultaneously.)
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the team.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform production duties such as manual lifting, mixing, scooping, scaling, packaging, taping, labeling.
- Report defective product or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed food safety regulations
- Perform related duties as required by supervision
- Required to stand for long periods of time
- Involves repetitive motions
- Must be able to lift 18 to 20KG – More than 20KG requires a team lift.
- May also engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of carts.
- Do to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include, humidity and cold.
Food Safety Requirements:
- Knowledge and understanding of GMPs, HACCP, Allergen Awareness & Quality/Hold procedures
- Knowledge and understanding SQF Overview
- Knowledge and understanding to report any Food Safety issues
How to Apply