Chef - Village at Smith Creek (WC350)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Technical Training
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Chefs (6241)
NOC Job Title: Chef
Expires in 79 days
Last Updated: 2021-06-16
Job Number: 679061
2425 Orlin Road
West Kelowna, British Columbia
V4T 3C7, Canada
Chef - Village at Smith Creek
WestCana is looking for strong, experienced Full-time Cook with a passion for the elderly to join one of our teams to support our residents in various Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia.
It is expected that the successful candidate will join the Talent Management Program, and grow into Managing Support Services in all department and functions for the facility.
- In collaboration with the Support Services Manager, purchases the best quality and most cost-effective products that will meet or exceed the individual and group dietary needs of the facility’s residents.
- Provides leadership and direction to kitchen staff while following policies and procedures; organizing and directing staff orientation, scheduling and assigning work.
- Works with the departmental leadership team, maintaining or exceeding facility quality standards and special dietary requirements.
- Prepares food that meets or exceeds the appearance, taste, and quality expectations of the residents, families and clients.
- Prepares and/or monitors the preparation of daily and special event menu plans to ensure individual dietary needs and standards for dietary care are met or exceeded and costs remain within approved budget allocations.
- Implements and maintains inventory control systems to maximize savings and minimize waste.
- Ensuring all phases of food preparation meets or exceeds health and safety requirements i.e. Community Care Facility Act, WHMIS, WCB, provincial safety standards etc.
- All safety rules and safe work procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Chef Must Haves:
- Current qualification(s) as a cook with some experience in a volume food preparation environment.
- Maintains Food Safe Level 1 Certification.
- Legally allowed to work in Canada.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints.
Chef Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience in Long-term Care Facility and/or previous food service establishment experience.
What WestCana will offer you:
- A competitive salary. $50,700 annually!
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
How to Apply