Marble Setter & Terrazzo Polisher
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Tilesetters (7283)
NOC Job Title: Marble Setter
Expires in 114 days
Last Updated: 2021-07-21
Job Number: 685519
6095 Main St.
Vancouver, British Columbia
V5X 2T6, Canada
This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Employer Name: Shiny Stone Care
Industry Title: Residential Building Construction (2361)
Shiny Stone Care requires 1 Marble Setter & Terrazzo Polisher for Permanent, Full Time (32-40 hours per week) position to join our company, working at various sites across the Vancouver lower mainland area. We offer $25.00 per hour (over time paid as par BC Ministry of Labour & employment rules). Vacation 4%.
Our business address is at 6095 Main St., Vancouver BC, V5X 2T6
· Cut marble tiles and shape them properly to ensure they fit around obstacles and in tight corners and odd spaces using power and hand tools
· Form tile beds using concrete, plaster, mastic, cement, glue or mortar utilizing tools such as screeds, brushes and trowels
· Align tiles and straighten them with straightedges, levels and squares to ensure patterns are even and precise
· Cut, install, polish and surface granite and marble and ensure accuracy during the installation process for lasting results
· Mix lay and polish terra surfeces
· Prepare various surfaces for tiling with waterproofing material or lath and by cleaning the surfaces properly
· Create decorative wall and floor designs by laying and setting mosaic tiles
· Tap tiles into place carefully using tools to properly adhere tiles to the base, making sure not to break or damage tiles
· Follow blueprints precisely and mark and measure surfaces that need to be tiled to determine how to go about jobs
· Set up machines and equipment
· High school diploma;
· At least 2-years proven work experience in the field;
· Have a valid driver’s license;
· Have knowledge of ceramic, mosaic, marble, quarry, slate, stone and granite desirable
· Attention to details, overtime required, work under pressure;
· Basic communication in English required;
· Team player, organized, reliability;
· Steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses and hard hat required.
To apply, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No Phone calls or walk-ins please, we will contact the suitable applicants by phone or email for an interview.
How to Apply