Visual Communications Specialist - Designer
Salary: $59,579.00 - $68,091.00/Annually
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Graphic Designers and Illustrators (5241)
NOC Job Title: Multimedia Designer
Expires in 14 days
Last Updated: 2021-07-21
Job Number: 685527
VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation
190-855 West 12 Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V5Z 1M9, Canada
What’s the opportunity?
The Marketing & Communications Specialist – Designer is the primary graphic designer for the Foundation’s marketing and communications materials. With a creative eye and thorough understanding of the Foundation’s target audiences and brand standards, the Designer will develop and execute designed content for a variety of channels and mediums (from online graphics to full print magazines; direct mail to event branding and much more!) to support the organization’s brand awareness and fundraising objectives.
As a key member of the MarComm team, you will bring a creative eye and problem-solving attitude to a collaborative team, participating in brainstorming, editorial meetings and other efforts, having a valuable impact on the direction of Foundation communications efforts.
You will: design marketing assets; provide art direction, design strategy, advice and support; identify photo needs and support photo shoot planning and direction; maintain the photo bank; and research, conceptualize, create and maintain unique Foundation sub-brands and associated brand standards to support campaign objectives. Your work will be highly visible across Vancouver and will have an impact on health care in BC.
What do you bring?
· Expert knowledge of visual design principles, tools and techniques, and of digital/print production processes, including file creation and pre-press preparation
· General knowledge of the concepts, theory and principles in the field of marketing and communications, and their application to a fundraising environment
· Demonstrated professional experience in design and creative development; non-profit experience an asset
· Post-secondary degree in graphic design, fine arts, marketing, communications or an equivalent combination of skills and experience
· Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator); knowledge of Premiere Pro an asset
· Excellent judgement, interpersonal skills, resourcefulness, and creativity
· Ability to manage multiple, often-competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines
· Ability to think strategically and collaborate effectively with stakeholders
· Self-starter with the ability to follow through on tasks with minimal supervision
Please read the full posting attached.
How to Apply