Single Site - Licensed Practical Nurse
Salary: $28.43 - $32.98/Hourly
Job Type: Part Time, Temporary
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Licensed Practical Nurses (3233)
NOC Job Title: L.P.N. (Licensed Practical Nurse)
Expires in 14 days
Last Updated: 2021-07-22
Job Number: 685644
Sechelt, British Columbia
Are you a dedicated healthcare worker and enjoy working as a member of an interdisciplinary care team? Do you thrive in both independent and collaborative environments? Apply to work as a Licensed Practical Nurse at Vancouver Coastal Health today!
As an LPN at Shorncliffe Village Care Home, you will:
- Perform the full scope of practical nursing functions for clients with predictable outcomes including activities such as assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting client care, and providing support to clients and their families.
- Work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary care team and under general supervision, and support the Registered Nurse in caring for clients with unpredictable outcomes.
- Work under the direction of an RN for patients where the acuity or complexity of care requires an advanced level of knowledge and skill beyond the scope of practice for Licensed Practical Nurses.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
How to Apply