Preventative Maintenance Technician
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 4
NOC Group: Electronic Service Technicians (Household and Business Equipment) (2242)
NOC Job Title: Field Service Technician, Electronic Products
Expires in 14 days
Last Updated: 2021-07-23
Job Number: 686021
Suite 307, 2071 Kingsway Ave
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
V3C 6N2, Canada
For 105 years, DSL has served the foodservice industry by providing, maintaining, and servicing class-leading equipment. Our customers represent the top of the foodservice industry, including McDonald’s, 7-Eleven, Mac’s, Tim Hortons, A&W, Wendy’s, Chevron and more. With an absolute priority placed on providing unmatched service support, DSL continues to grow.
As a Preventative Maintenance Technician at DSL, you will be responsible for maintaining an extremely high level of customer service and professionalism while repairing and maintaining food service equipment. If a customer has an issue with their machine, it is up to DSL to ensure that they are up and running as soon as possible; their business often depends on it.
We are looking for 4 technicians in the province of BC, and no Formal training is required. DSL will train the individual right for the job!
This position may incorporate early morning or late evening shift work as well as being on-call.
Essential Job Functions (day to day responsibilities):
- Maintaining and repairing a variety of specialty foodservice equipment, including frozen carbonated beverage (FCB) units, soft serve machines, superautomatic espresso machines, fryers, combi ovens and clamshell grills
- Interacting with our customers and ensuring that their concerns are appropriately addressed in a professional and courteous manner
- Responding quickly and efficiently to service calls
- Assessing and completing repairs quickly, efficiently, and accurately
- Training other technicians on preventative maintenance and service procedures
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, with the ability to ask probing questions and understand and resolve customer concerns
- Must be smartphone literate, with the ability to learn and navigate new software quickly
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal. Any second language an asset.
- Experience in a technical role with a high level of customer interaction is preferred
- Experience working in appliance repair, mechanical or electrical fields is beneficial, especially if related to Taylor, Franke Coffee or Henny Penny equipment or equivalent product lines (i.e. Rational, Blodget, Garland, Bunn, Cornelius, FBD, Electrofreeze, or Stoelting)
- Quick service restarant management or equipment experience is an asset
- Experience working in a convenience store or fast food establishment an asset.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply