Experienced Warehouse Supervisor
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Supervisors, Recording, Distributing and Scheduling Occupations (1215)
NOC Job Title: Distribution Supervisor
Expires in 29 days
Last Updated: 2021-07-29
Job Number: 686932
Penticton, British Columbia
Direct Value Wholesale was founded in 2000 with a mission of providing all markets with an alternative supply of general merchandise and cigars, as well as assisting retailers with new and unique opportunities to maximize their profit potential.
Since settling in Penticton in 2006, DVW has expanded its product lines to include both value items, and high-value items. Our customers are national retailers including dollar stores, gas stations, convenience stores, pharmacies, grocery stores, paint stores, cold beer/wine/liquor stores, hardware stores, and more!
We are an experienced team, with a company that is growing quickly and providing a lot of opportunity. We are flexible, collaborative and looking for people who want to quickly establish their place in a company and grow fast.
Objectives of this Role
- Supervise, organize, direct, and train warehouse employees and establish, monitor, and manage operational goals to ensure the warehouse operates at peak efficiency, with customer satisfaction being the primary goal
- Develop warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilization, inventory management, gate processes, and shipping
- Develop warehouse physical organization systems including planning and allocating areas for new product arrivals
- Train and manage a warehouse team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Oversee daily operations, while controlling and managing inventory and logistics
- Review and prepare workflow, manning and space requirements, equipment layout, and action plans while ensuring productivity, quality and customer service standards are met
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Maintain your team’s certificates for WHMIS, and TDG, as well as forklift training and maintenance
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Supervise daily activities of the warehouse, including quality assurance, inventory control, space management, logistics, floor productivity, shipping, and customer service
- Liaise with purchasing team to ensure stock levels are maintained
- Schedule and oversee warehouse team to meet the demands of the fulfillment centre, and manage the flow and quality of work to maximize efficiency and minimize overtime
- Process time tickets for weekly staff
- Inspect equipment, tools, and machinery regularly, and oversee general maintenance as needed
- Regularly review, analyze, and develop actionable plans for productivity and loss prevention in collaboration with warehouse leads
- Oversee, schedule, and manage logistics utilized to transport products to customers and internal facilities, communicating with drivers and air partners to ensure efficient delivery of packages
- Communicate shortages and overages on received shipments
Why Join Us?
With us you get the freedom and opportunity to make a real impact in the business every single day. We take great pride in our culture and values which are centred on 4 key themes:
- Impossible does not exist
- Keep things simple and straightforward
- Create win-wins
- Lead from behind
The ideal candidate for this role is entrepreneurially driven and possesses experience working in a warehouse with knowledge of the legislation surrounding tobacco products.
Strong leadership skills are vital to the role, as is a will to collaborate with the broader team.
How to Apply