Environmental Project Manager
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 4
NOC Group: Natural and Applied Science Policy Researchers, Consultants and Program Officers (4161)
NOC Job Title: Environmental Consultant (Except Engineer)
Expires in 7 days
Last Updated: 2021-07-29
Job Number: 687009
Port Moody, British Columbia
Fort St. John, British Columbia
As the Environmental Project Manager, you are responsible for managing multiple projects of varying complexity within set timelines and provides skilled organization pertaining to planning, budgeting, issue resolution, resource allocation and management. Within a project, you will report to the Environmental Account Manager. You may also liaise with the client directly regarding the project work and status. You will report to the Operations Manager.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide an exceptional client experience consistent with SynergyAspen standards.
- Define scope of activities, set priorities, evaluate, and manage risks and monitor performance.
- Design and prepare work programs and technical reports for field programs.
- Maintain a strong understanding and knowledge of BC regulatory regime; knowledge of AB would be an asset.
- Review and sign-off on monthly invoices to clients.
- Ensure chargeability goals are met for yourself and your team and provide ongoing evaluation of workloads.
- Responsible for ensuring project staff meet, maintain, or exceed client-specific health and safety, documentation, POPs and other requirements.
- Undertake occasional travel to Calgary, Fort St John, Vancouver, or other destinations as needed.
- Strengthen relationships with existing clients through cross-selling SynergyAspen’s various lines of business (contaminated sites, natural sciences, and reclamation) and assist in preparation of RFQ’s and SOQ’s.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
What You Offer to SynergyAspen
- Energy, intelligence, and integrity. Your drive for exceptional client experience is relentless.
- Proactively collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Reliable attention to details that matter most, remarkable accuracy, and professional organizational skills.
- Excellent communication, technical writing, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate our corporate values and behaviours.
- 7 + years experience in the industry.
- B.Sc., M.Sc., or Ph.D. in a related discipline and a professional designation (e.g., P.Eng, P.Geo, P.Chem, P.Ag. etc.) recognized in BC or AB.
- Experience in contaminated sites, natural sciences, or reclamation, with preference given to candidates with practical knowledge of BC OGC Regulations.
- Experience in managing technically complex projects, working with a dynamic team, and overseeing cost controls.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Office, and Teams. Proficiency with Android / IOS.
What SynergyAspen Offers to You
- Autonomy, an opportunity to expand your expertise, and work for a company with integrity of purpose.
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive extended health benefits.
- Flexible work hours and remote work options.
- Pet friendly offices.
- Business-casual dress code.
- Eligibility for educational and professional membership dues reimbursements.
How to Apply