Environmental Lead Scientist
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 4
NOC Group: Natural and Applied Science Policy Researchers, Consultants and Program Officers (4161)
NOC Job Title: Environmental Consultant (Except Engineer)
Expires in 7 days
Last Updated: 2021-07-29
Job Number: 687011
Port Moody, British Columbia
Fort St. John, British Columbia
As the Environmental Lead Scientist, you are responsible for assisting the Environmental Project Manager to plan and complete a project. You may be responsible for project budgets, timelines, deliverables, field completion of advanced programs and preparation of technical reports. You will maintain direct connection to the field staff, and work in the field may be required as determined by each project. You will provide direction to the Environmental Scientist and report to the Environmental Project Manager or Environmental Account Manager.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide an exceptional client experience consistent with SynergyAspen standards.
- Manage project's contract documents, drawings, specifications, and scope of work.
- Support field operations in aspects which may include cost controls, planning, scheduling, and estimating.
- Complete technical report writing and signature on factual technical reports.
- Maintain current knowledge with governing regulatory bodies as it applies to the OGC, MECCS.
- Manage data and file compilation for internal and client databases.
- Maintain billable targets as set by Supervisor.
- Coordinate with and manage Contractors.
- Coordinate and facilitate successful project deliverables.
What You Offer to SynergyAspen
- Energy, intelligence, and integrity. Your drive for exceptional client experience is relentless.
- Reliable attention to detail, remarkable accuracy, and professional organizational skills.
- Excellent communication, technical writing, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate our corporate values and behaviours.
- You have knowledge of project execution activities such as planning, project controls, scheduling, and costing.
- Collaborate successfully with your team on various projects of differing complexity.
- Communicate and work effectively with environmental subcontractors.
- Ability to work outside in adverse weather conditions, when required; travel for work in potentially remote locations, as needed, according to project demands.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a related discipline.
- Registration, or eligibility to register as a Professional EIT, GIT, AIT, BIT, CET.
- Minimum of 4 + years industry experience
- Experience in contaminated sites, natural sciences, and reclamation, with preference given to candidates with practical knowledge of BC OGC Regulatory Guidelines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Office, and Teams. Proficiency with Android / IOS.
What SynergyAspen Offers to You
- Autonomy, an opportunity to expand your expertise, and work for a company with integrity of purpose.
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive extended health benefits.
- Flexible work hours and remote work options.
- Pet friendly offices.
- Business-casual dress code.
- Eligibility for educational and professional membership dues reimbursements.
How to Apply