Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 3
NOC Group: Legal Secretaries (1242)
NOC Job Title: Corporate Law Secretary
Expires in 37 days
Last Updated: 2021-08-04
Job Number: 687974
Kelowna, British Columbia
Corporate Commercial Legal Assistant
Get to know us:
We have been Kelowna’s trusted legal advisor of choice for more than 40 years! At Pushor Mitchell, we apply the principles of innovation to find solutions in places no one else is looking. By combining expertise and creativity in equal measure, we identify the right outcome for each unique legal challenge that our clients encounter.
We have assembled a tight knight, hard-working, fun-loving team here at Pushor Mitchell. Our team shares two characteristics:
- We hold ourselves to the highest professional standards.
- We genuinely contribute to the community around us.
Our firm is dedicated to maximizing the potential of our greatest asset: our employees. We embrace change and the opportunity it brings. We are focused on delivering quality customer service; and are committed to recruit, develop, reward and retain our workforce.
As one of our Corporate Commercial Legal Assistant you will part of a team who works at bringing high quality customer service to our fantastic clients.
What you will be doing:
- Maintenance of corporate record books, annual maintenance, and preparation of annual report packages.
- Preparation of documentation for setting up and providing ongoing maintenance services for limited partnerships, limited liability partnerships and joint ventures;
- Preparation of documentation for commercial purchase and sale transactions (assets and/or shares), completing all due diligence searches and reviewing, and preparation of management, employment and shareholders agreements;
- Preparation of documentation relating to all aspects of basic and professional incorporations, alterations to notice of articles, all share transactions, all types of ITA exchanges, rollovers and transactions, continuations and restorations, amalgamations and dissolutions;
- Preparation, registration and completion of commercial lending transactions for lenders;
- Preparation of necessary documents for commercial real estate property transactions;
- Processing client accounts;
- Other general legal administrative duties as required.
What you will bring along:
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook products
- 2-3 years’ experience in Corporate Commercial transactions required.
- Strong working knowledge of ALF an asset
- A Paralegal or Legal Assistant diploma is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with confidential information
- Ability to work in a team-orientated setting
- Ability to grasp new technologies quickly
- Ability to multi-task and frequently organize workload
Why you should apply: We care about our people!
- Competitive wages
- Health coverage for you and your family
- Generous paid time off programs
- RSP matching programs
How to Apply