Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Legal Secretaries (1242)
NOC Job Title: Corporate Law Secretary
Expires in 37 days
Last Updated: 2021-08-04
Job Number: 687980
Kelowna, British Columbia
Corporate Securities Paralegal
Get to know us:
We have been Kelowna’s trusted legal advisor of choice for more than 40 years! At Pushor Mitchell, we apply the principles of innovation to find solutions in places no one else is looking. By combining expertise and creativity in equal measure, we identify the right outcome for each unique legal challenge that our clients encounter.
We have assembled a tight knight, hard-working, fun-loving team here at Pushor Mitchell. Our team shares two characteristics:
- We hold ourselves to the highest professional standards.
- We genuinely contribute to the community around us.
Our firm is dedicated to maximizing the potential of our greatest asset: our employees. We embrace change and the opportunity it brings. We are focused on delivering quality customer service; and are committed to recruit, develop, reward and retain our workforce.
As one of our Corporate Securities Paralegal you will part of a team who works at bringing high quality customer service to our fantastic clients.
What you will be doing:
- Assisting lawyers in the preparation of documentation for commercial transactions, share purchase agreement and all other documentation.
- Processing change of directors, share issuances, transfers, repurchases and redemptions, drafting resolutions and performing online filings via ALF, and BC Online.
- Working closely with other legal assistants, paralegals, lawyers, and clients on file progress, you would also be preparing, sending and following up on all corporate client accounts and tasks.
- Working independently in all aspects of basic and professional incorporations, amalgamations, extra-provincial registrations, continuations, and all other corporate matters.
- Creating and maintaining corporate minute books, all types of dividends and all related annual maintenance
- Due diligence review of corporate records and preparation of related documentation
- Familiarity with continuous disclosure requirements for public companies.
- SEDAR & SEDI filings (asset not required)
- Assisting with private and public company financings, including, preparation of applicable regulatory filings for securities commissions and stock exchanges, applying for CUSIPs, reviewing subscription agreements, drafting treasury orders, reports of exempt distribution, warrants and coordinating closings with brokerage houses and clients.
- Invoicing, requesting and receipting funds, arranging wire transfers, direct deposits etc. using Aderant accounting software.
What you will bring along:
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook products
- 2-3 years’ experience in Corporate and/or Securities law required.
- Strong working knowledge of ALF an asset
- Knowledge of SEDAR and SEDI an asset
- A Paralegal or Legal Assistant diploma is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with confidential information
- Ability to work in a team-orientated setting
- Ability to grasp new technologies quickly
- Ability to multi-task and frequently organize workload
Why you should apply: We care about our people!
- Competitive wages
- Health coverage for you and your family
- Generous paid time off programs
- RSP matching programs
How to Apply