Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Construction Estimators (2234)
NOC Job Title: Construction Cost Consultant
Expires in 5 days
Last Updated: 2021-08-26
Job Number: 692393
19429 54th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3S 7X2, Canada
Do you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment with opportunities for continuous growth and development? Dixon Networks with over 50 years of innovation, continues to enter exciting new markets. With our unparalleled reputation, Dixon continues to lead as the most comprehensive full-service company for Designing, Building and Delivering broadband network solutions.
People are Dixon’s most valuable asset and our culture encourages innovation, growth and leadership.
*We offer a competitive wage and benefits package that includes a matching RRSP.
We also have a great assortment of free gourmet coffee and tea!*
Why Work with Us!
- We are an employee driven company with many opportunities for development and growth
- We are committed to safety, quality and a best in class approach to customer service.
We are offering a great opportunity, for the right candidate to become a member of our team.
• Provide data and project analysis
• Support project superintendent and foreman in the management of projects
• Prepare and submit traffic management plans
• Prepare and deliver construction notices
• Place BC One Calls
• Ensure all applicable permitting is in place prior to commencement of construction activities
• Perform quantity take-off from construction drawings
• Assist in project cost estimation
• Liaise with, and inform clients on project status
• Distribute administrative documentation appropriately upon award of project
• Maintain files and correspondence on active and completed projects
• Provide technical support to field staff
• Coordinate the preparation and submission of closing documentation
Skills & Qualifications:
• Capable of reading and understanding construction drawings and documents
• Knowledge of the Lower Mainland area
• Knowledge of conduit construction and/or outside plant telecommunications is an asset, but not required
• Adaptable to flexible work schedule when required to meet deadlines
• Ability to work with others as a team
• Extremely organized and a self-starter; able to work with limited supervision
• Strong multi-tasker who excels at coping with conflicting priorities and deadlines
• Excellent people skills
• Proficient in MS Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
• Ability to work and focus on projects in a fast-paced environment
The individual should be able to, if required, travel as necessary; have a valid BC driver’s license and reliable transportation. A Criminal Record Clearance and drivers abstract will be required.
How to Apply