Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Technical Training
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Payroll Clerks (1432)
NOC Job Title: Payroll Clerk
Expires in 5 days
Last Updated: 2021-09-03
Job Number: 694292
2290 Bowen Rd
Nanaimo, British Columbia
V9T 3K7, Canada
The BGC Central Vancouver Island (BGCCVI) is a registered Non-Profit and charitable organization on Vancouver Island serving over 1000 children, youth and families in the Comox, Courtenay, Lantzville, Nanaimo, Chase River and Ladysmith areas through a wide variety of enriching programs at over 14 club locations.
This position provides a rewarding career opportunity for those seeking to make a positive contribution to a community-based, growth-oriented organization. As caring adult role models, BGCCVI staff build healthy, supportive relationships with children and youth, which in turn can positively influence the life path they choose.
Reporting to Karen Love, the Payroll Coordinator is responsible for:
· Accurate updating of staff payroll records with respect to on-boarding and off-boarding
· Reconciles, prepares and processes bi-weekly payroll for all hourly and salaried employees
· Receives, tracks and processes attendance for all employees; processes entitlements, year-end accruals and annual carry over
· Preparation of relevant staff documentation E.g., Records of Employment
· Assisting management and staff regarding payroll inquires and concerns
· In coordination with HR - maintaining changes to employment records through Payworks
· College courses completed in payroll administration
· Minimum one (1) year of experience in a payroll processing position. Knowledge of Payworks is an asset
· Strong understanding of Microsoft Office products
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Job Status: Part-Time (10-15 hrs./wk.)
Hourly Rate: $20.50 per hour.
Location: Central Vancouver Island
Posting Expires: Upon successful hire
Please send your cover letter and resume, quoting the job posting number 2021061 in the title.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest however, only those applicants who are short listed for an interview will be contacted
How to Apply