Senior Texture Artist
Salary: $80,600.00 - $127,900.00/Annually
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Graphic Designers and Illustrators (5241)
NOC Job Title: Animation Artist
Expires in 29 days
Last Updated: 2021-09-08
Job Number: 694740
21 Water Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6B 1A1, Canada
The Senior Texture Artist is responsible for creating the textures, colors, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Works independently and with production team (VFX Supervisor, Texture Supervisor, Look Dev Supervisor) at an advanced level to execute the desired look of complicated CG models, including complex creatures and/or hard surface models, including ships, real world vehicles and environments.
• Participates as a team member in determining various design solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
• Mentors junior and mid-level Artists.
• Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
Reports to the Talent Manager, DMS and receives daily oversight and direction from the VFX/Look Dev/Texture Supervisor.
• At least five years of relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma or higher in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR at least seven years of relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education.
• Proficient in Maya, Mari, Zbrush, Photoshop and UV unwrapping tools
• Ability to navigate complex pipelines.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information.
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Modeling skills a plus.
• Katana/Look Dev knowledge a plus.
Salary & Benefits
$80,600 - $127,900 annual salary; plus benefits package – 4% gross earnings paid in lieu of vacation, extended health & dental insurance, and MSP coverage.
Annual performance reviews may lead to merit increases.
How to Apply