Salary: $62,600.00 - $99,300.00/Annually
Job Type: Full Time, Contract
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Graphic Designers and Illustrators (5241)
NOC Job Title: 3D Animation Artist
Expires in 29 days
Last Updated: 2021-09-08
Job Number: 694758
21 Water Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6B 1A1, Canada
Compositors combine live action and computer generated elements into visual effects shots that realize the vision and creative direction of the client and Visual Effects Supervisor. The Compositor is ultimately responsible for the aesthetic integrity and technical quality of the final image delivered to the client.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Alongside Compositing Supervisor and VFX Supervisor, evaluates creative and technical approach for assigned shots
• Performs all tasks associated with the Compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and colour grading on moderately difficult to very difficult shots.
• Maintains the overall look, colour balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work.
• Ability to work collaboratively with artists from other disciplines.
Reports to the CG Talent Manager and receives daily oversight and direction from the CG or Compositing Supervisor.
• At least 3 years of relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma or higher in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR at least 5 years of relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education.
• Strong knowledge of Nuke. • Strong aesthetic skills in judging photo-realism and color. • Ability to work gracefully under pressure to meet deadlines. • Strong sense of composition, color and design. • Ideal candidate has strong fine arts foundation skills, such as photography and photographic lighting.
• Familiarity with using Unix systems. • Ability to write Nuke gizmos and/or plugins is a plus. • Python and/or C++ experience a plus.
Salary & Benefits
$62,600 - $99,300 annual salary; plus benefits package – 4% gross earnings paid in lieu of vacation, extended health & dental insurance, and MSP coverage. Annual performance reviews may lead to merit increases.
How to Apply