Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Technical Training
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanics (7312)
NOC Job Title: Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic
Expires in 77 days
Last Updated: 2021-09-09
Job Number: 695186
7500 Hwy #3
Manning Park, British Columbia
V0X 1R0, Canada
Manning Park Resort is seeking a full-time, year-round, Heavy Duty Mechanic. The Heavy-Duty Mechanic will report to the Lift Mechanic. You will be responsible for maintaining a full fleet of snow cats, snowmobiles, heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment. At times you will also be required to perform lift maintenance, and you must be comfortable working at great heights, in all weather conditions, at any time of the day or night.
Responsibilities include: (but not limited to)
* Perform preventative maintenance, diagnose equipment problems, and determine repairs as needed.
* Adjust, repair, or replace defective parts as required as per manufacturer’s guidelines.
* Test repaired equipment for proper performance
* Maintain a daily record of all work tasks and materials, keep a comprehensive inventory of mechanical parts needed to sustain the snow-grooming and other equipment.
* Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations and streamline work processes.
* Work with leadership to order and maintain a complete stock of shop supplies and materials as required.
* Coordinate fuel and lubrication deliveries to ensure all relevant packaging and oil waste is disposed of according to provincial codes.
* Coordinate vehicle and equipment for scheduled seasonal operations.
* Assist the Lift Mechanic with leadership, including the mentoring of team members.
* Maintain a clean and tidy personal work area and assist with general cleaning duties in a workshop environment.
* Ensure staff working in and around the shop are familiar with current Safety Procedures and hazards
* Always demonstrate a safe work practice by adhering to all Manning Park Resort safety policy and procedures and ensuring one’s own safety is preserved along with the safety of co-workers, direct reports, and Manning Park Resort guests
* Review all OH&S notices/meeting minutes as they are distributed and posted on OH&S boards located within all departments.
* Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
* Journeyperson, Heavy Equipment Technician, or related ticket
* 3 to 5 years of snowcat maintenance experience preferred.
* Strong knowledge of hydrostatic drive and hydraulic controls
* Automotive fleet maintenance experience
* Some welding and fabricating experience
* Small two-stroke and four-stroke engine experience
* Fallen worker training is an asset.
* First aid certification is an asset.
* Good communications skills, self-motivated, mature, dependable, timely and able to work well with others.
* Willing and able to work in all weather conditions.
* Ability to work at excessive heights.
* Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
* Ability to operate graders, loaders, snowmobiles, snowcats, ATVs, and 4×4 trucks in a safe and responsible manner.
* Operators certificates for associated industrial equipment an asset.
* Good working knowledge of current WorkSafe BC regulations
* Candidates with a minimum of 3 years experience are preferred.
* Staff housing is available for all full time employees.
* Free winter and summer season's pass for all activities
* Food and retail discounts to the Country Store, Pinewoods Restaurant and Bear's Den Pub
How to Apply